October 10, 2008

October 9, 2008

Here is where the story began!! Written into our contract with ReAL for selling them the property to build this amazing stadium, I decided to add that i think MY DAD should get to kick out the first soccer ball in the new stadium. We have been anticipating this for about 2 years now. I personally didn't think it would get to happen!!

Kandace has turned into such a huge soccer fan since we have been going to the games at the old stadium for the last two years. I would never have guessed that that would happen. She has never played on a team but has fallen in love with ReAL and major league soccer (MLS) and all it represents. She was even able to work her love for this into a small part time job as "SCHWAG GIRL". She has helped with player apperances and has thrown SCHWAG out at different events. They have paid her in shirts!! Her wonderful boss Brett was even able to get her a signed David Beckham jersey. WOW!!!

Well, to keep the story going...Gramps decided that his back was hurting on this particular night and he would not be able to kick out the ball himself!! Hummm..what a dilema..who could help him out...I wonder..(well actually i didnt have to wonder!). Dad and i have had this planned for months but didn't know it would happen until a week ago. I've kept this a secret for Kandace for a week now. Anyone who knows me, knows how hard this has been. I wanted it to be a HUGE suprise to her..and i think it was. Gramps asked her to go with him and kick the ball on his behalf!! What an amazing honor this is for all of us!!

If these pics all line up right, (since i'm still new to this blogging thing) you will see how it all happens. I really wish i had a pic of the actual kick, but i just didnt' get the shot!!

I love you Dad for making this happen for my darling daughter and the rest of us. I think i've been more excited than anyone!!

Kani-- You are very special to me and i love you with all my heart!!




ps..it's now 1 am...if these posts don't make sense or there are misspellings, please forgive this very excite, but exhausted mom!!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Smilin' sunshine said...

Wow!!! What an exciting couple of days for your family!!! No more braces, ReAL night, K's love of the game and getting to kick the ball! She must be on cloud 9 right now!

Congrats Kandace!

Ang, glad you now have a blog to remember this!!